Skip to content

Advice for Flooded Businesses

If the worst has happened already, or you're wanting to get a plan in place in case a flood should disrupt the normal operation of your business, here are some places you can go for help.

You will learn

  • What help is available for food manufacturers
  • How to stay safe when recovering the business

We have pulled together a selection of guidance for flood affected businesses to save you the time searching.

The Federation of Small Businesses have some of the best advice:

If you are in catering, or food manufacture, specific advice is available from the Food Standards Agency: 

You may need to contact your local Environmental Health Officer. They will be employed by your local council (not the County Council) find their contacts here:

Beginning an insurance claim will be top of most to do lists once the water subsides. Here is a guide from the Association of British Insurers on advice for businesses affected by flooding: 

When it is time to recover the business, the Health and Safety Executive have a brief guide to ensure you stay safe:

If you got caught out once, or think you might in future, make time to make a plan. It could be a great investment:

We hope this covered all the main points, but if there is something missing, or you have a specific query, get in touch via Twitter, which is also great way to keep on top of fast moving situations such as flooding.

Need help to meet business regulations?

Our free guide lets you know where you can go to find the answers you need to stay legally compliant.

Written by:

Simon King

Growth Hub Manager

Email Address: