Business continuity advice
You will learn
- What business continuity is
- How the Council can help your business
- Who to contact for further advice
An incident, large or small, natural, accidental or deliberate, can cause major disruption to your business. This may cause loss of income, customers, reputation, legal or regulatory penalties, or even complete loss of your business.
Business continuity is a planning process which is put in place to manage the risks and ensure continuity as much as possible in the event of disruption to your business. Effective business continuity may also help in securing business insurance.
How Councils can help your business
Local Authorities have a statutory duty under the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 to provide free advice and assistance with regards to business continuity for small and medium enterprises and voluntary organisations. Using their advisors in order to be better informed and better prepared to deal with emergencies has a wide range of benefits and is good business practice.
What do they offer?
- Advice and support in planning, developing and documenting systems to maintain business continuity
- Help to identify the critical activities and resources needed to continue business
- Help to assess the internal and external risks to these activities
- Help to identify and prioritise services necessary to recover from disruption, set objectives for recovery time and determine the resources needed to achieve your objectives
- Signpost you to relevant information/tool-kits available
So, who do you talk to?
North Yorkshire County Council (if you are in any of the following North Yorkshire Districts)
Craven DC, Hambleton DC, Richmondshire DC, Ryedale DC, Selby DC:
Phone: 01609 532246
City of York Council
West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA
Phone: 01904 551039
Harrogate Borough Council
Emergency Planning Unit, Harrogate Borough Council, Council Offices, Crescent Gardens, Harrogate, HG1 2SG
Phone: 01423 556014 / 556018
Emergency out of hours phone: 01423 556 300
Scarborough Borough Council
Phone: 01723 232323
East Riding of Yorkshire Council
Phone: 01482 393939