Your staff are one of your most important assets, not only do you want them to perform well, you also need to be mindful of the law and your staff’s rights when dealing with them.
ACAS (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) are governed by an independent Council, including representatives of employer and employee organisations and employment experts. They are a recognised source of best practice and impartial advice on employment issues.
What does ACAS offer?
- Free and impartial information and advice to employers and employees on all aspects of workplace relations and employment law.
- Support in building good relationships between employers and employees which underpin business success.
- Help when things go wrong by providing conciliation to resolve workplace problems.
- Provision of good value, high quality training and tailored advice to employers, based on millions of contacts with employers and employees each year
- Advice and support to improve organisational performance and quality of working life
- Booklets, leaflets and handbooks covering a wide range of employment matters, from writing a contract of employment, to holiday entitlement, to the latest employment legislation to resolve disputes at the earliest stage and avoid conflict in the future which you can download or order on line
ACAS Home Page:
Publications ACAS publications:
Free to download, use and share. Including Advisory booklets, leaflets and fact sheets and guidance