Our steering group
Just like a school has governors or a charity has trustees, a group of people govern How’s Business. They represent business organisations such as:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- The East Yorkshire Local Food Network
- The Federation of Small Businesses
- The University of York
- West and North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce
- Make it York
- Enterprise North Yorkshire
- Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Institute of Leadership and Management
- Enterprise Rockers
- York Science Park
There are 14 people on the steering group, giving us a great breadth of knowledge and input. They review and give feedback on How’s Business every quarter.
Led by Northallerton businessman David Kerfoot MBE
David is the Founder and non-executive director of vegetable oil company The Kerfoot Group Ltd. He started the company in 1980. It now has sales of £65 million. David is the Vice Chair of the Local Enterprise Partnership. He has plenty of experience of helping Yorkshire thrive having been Chairman of the Local Strategic Partnership Board.