The website; www.howsbusiness.org, is provided by the York, North Yorkshire and East Riding Enterprise Partnership [henceforth referred to as the “Economic Partnership”] to promote growth and improvement services to businesses, in order to support economic growth in its area.
The York, North Yorkshire and East Riding Enterprise Partnership is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Information we may collect
In various places within this website we may ask for the following information, including but not limited to:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- With your consent, we may periodically send promotional emails about business insights, special offers, events or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- With your consent, sharing personal information with Her Majesty's Government for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you consent to allowing us to use your personal information.
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing pieces of information that websites can store on your computer’s hard disk. Cookies enable users to navigate around the website and allow us to continually improve the website and make it more efficient to use on future visits.
We use two types of cookies on this website:
- Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your machine only for as long as you are on the website and are deleted after each visit.
- Persistent cookies remain on your machine until expiry or deletion. Persistent cookies may store your personal preferences. They may also be used to record activity you may have previously completed, such as selecting preference filters, so that you are not asked to change your setting on each visit.
Some of the cookies we use within our online services are ‘strictly necessary’. These are limited to those deemed essential to provide you with the services you have requested.
- Compile statistical reports on website activity, e.g. number of visitors and the pages they visit
- Temporarily store any information which you may enter in tools, such as web forms
- In some cases, remember information about you when you visit our site. We may need to do this to provide some of our services.
Changing your cookie settings
You can block any cookies from any website through your browser settings. For more specific information about how to do this and how to manage cookies to suit your preferences, including deleting those that have already been added to your computer, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/
Consent to cookies