HMRC Business Support
You will learn
- How HMRC can help your business
Legally, your business is going to have to deal with HMRC. They are known for handling taxes, but they have got a lot of really useful information on the gov.uk website, including videos, webinars and newsletters. All in all, this makes it really easy to find out exactly what information you need to give them and also, to find out about the handy ways for you to get money back from Government.
So, whether you are setting up a business, changing the structure of your business, trying to make sure you pay only as much tax as you need to, or taking on staff, HMRC help by creating lots of online resources so you can do it all legally.
HMRC business support
HMRC help new or existing businesses by providing a range of information relating to employing people, recording the information you will need to complete your tax returns, claim allowances, VAT and payments.
What do they offer?
- Fundamental tax advice, e.g. tax returns, allowances and tax codes
- Help and support with self-assessment and record keeping
- Information about national insurance contributions
- Advice on self-assessment and how you can pay any tax liability
- Fact-sheets about working for yourself
- Helpline and online presentations
- Advice on taking on staff
- Advice on if you need to register for VAT
My new business
For interactive help and advice from across government in one place specifically designed for small businesses go to the ‘Starting up a Business’ pages.
Tax help information
Working for yourself – here's what you need to know.
Expenses and allowances for the self-employed – here's what you need to know.
Register your self-employment - You can register as self-employed online here.
Register for tax - Getting your tax right is key, and you can register here.