Intellectual property advice
You will learn
- Who you should contact for Intellectual Property advice
Having the right type of business intellectual property protection helps you to stop people stealing or copying things as inventions; written and artistic works, designs and symbols, names and images which you may create and use in your business. IP is protected in law by, for example, patents, copyright and trademarks.
Intellectual Property Office
The Intellectual property Office has a range of resources that you can use for guidance. Advice is available on the circumstances in which you can apply for patents, and how your local Trading Standards office can help protect them.
There are lots of different ways of protecting your intellectual property, and the Intellectual Property Office has guidance on them all. Which protection you will need to apply for will depend on the product you want to protect.
- Trademarks - https://www.gov.uk/topic/intellectual-property/trade-marks
- Patents - https://www.gov.uk/topic/intellectual-property/patents
- Copyright - https://www.gov.uk/topic/intellectual-property/copyright
- Designs - https://www.gov.uk/topic/intellectual-property/designs
East Riding of Yorkshire Council