Learning Lunch In Bradford: Communication Skills
Brought to you by the West & North Yorkshire Chamber, the format of the lunch is networking over a buffet lunch followed by an interactive presentation from Peter Lawrence, Commercial Director at ITS Group.
Developing and Using Positive Communication Skills
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Relate effectively to other people and be prepared for negative attitudes.
- Anticipate and handle with confidence awkward situations.
- Use words and body language to communicate and persuade.
- Communicate complex information effectively and check understanding
- Demonstrate empathetic listening skills & reflect concerns
Topics to include:
- What is communication?
- What are the barriers to communication?
- Tone of voice and body language
- What effect do our behaviours have on others and ourselves?
- Using interpersonal skills to gain the understanding of others
- Questioning and listening techniques
- Putting over a proposition in a positive way without using jargon
A short session with some interactive exercises and activities
Prices: Member Rate £20pp (Inc VAT) Non-Member Rate £30pp (Inc VAT)
To book places, please email Jess & Clare or Telephone 0127420666