Leeds Learning Lunch: A Conversation about Honest Conversations
We all know that communication is an integral part of successful business performance, but, that doesn’t mean we all know how to communicate things effectively. As we know, there are lots of scenarios which make communication somewhat difficult in the workplace, particularly the possibility of causing conflict, which will eventually result in situations impacting workplace productivity. This is why it is so important that we understand how to communicate in the right way.
This session will cover following:
- What is an honest conversation?
- Why is it important to have honest conversations?
- What gets in the way of an honest conversation?
- How do you prepare for an honest conversation?
- How can you hold an effective honest conversation that results in the right outcome?
- Identifying different models of feedback to help increase other’s self-awareness
- Challenging personal assumptions and beliefs
- Applying techniques for giving and receiving feedback with honesty and integrity and implementing the skills required for honest conversations
So, if you, like many of us are, are someone who tip-toes around uncomfortable conversations, pop in and join us for lunch and learn some practical tools, techniques and tips for approaching and holding honest conversations.