Selby Business Week
Selby Business Week is a skills-focussed event and an exciting opportunity to understand the amount of support available to help you grow your business and ensure you have the competitive edge needed in today’s environment. All the events are free to attend and they're a fantastic opportunity to network with like-minded businesses. Events include:
- The Importance of Apprenticeships – hear from Lambert Engineering on their successes and meet providers – open to students and businesses alike.
- People… Attracting and keeping the right staff - You will begin to understand the 5 key steps to unlocking the true potential of your people as well as learning the essential skill of tailoring your leadership style.
- Talent Management and Succession Planning - By managing talent strategically, businesses can build performance, encourage learning and add value to their business. This workshop will help you understand the key to managing talent and building successful succession plans that are vital for any business.
- An Introduction to Exporting - Are you looking to make your first export sale or expand into new foreign markets? Each year, many British companies boost their bottom line and competitiveness by meeting world demand for innovative, quality, Made-in-Britain products and services.
Cyber Security - This seminar will explain how to reduce your risk, covering social engineering, phishing, ransomware, supply chains, policies and procedures. You will hear about the free services and resources available to organisations.
Making Tax Digital - We are delighted to invite you to let us help you understand the new legislation MAKING TAX DIGITAL and show you the basics on how you can get ready for the changes coming in. It's best to be ahead of the game!
Start, Grow, Inspire - Hear the journey of a business that started 6 years ago, the good time and the bad!How they kept motivated, sought support and now engage with large businesses and travelling overseas.
Along with this we will have an “Ask the Experts” opportunity where you can speak to people to learn more about everything from Accountancy to R&D Tax Credits.
- Accidental Managers and Empowering Leadership – A round off to the week, the 2 hour presentation will be followed by a short break then an introduction to Selby District opportunities for businesses and a panel answering questions on the Skills Agenda. Finishing at 13.00 with a buffet networking lunch.